Today we will inquire about the most influential snowboarders in history.
Although every day new and very good snowboarders emerge, this list includes those who are or have been icons of this sport.
We are going to show you people who marked the history of snowboarding with their merits.
Here we go!
- Terje Håkonsen. This Norwegian athlete is considered one of the most important in the world of snowboarding. He dominated the freestyle technique in the 1990s, becoming a three-time winner of the FIS World Half-Pipe Championship. He won 5 European half-pipe championships. His career is full of prizes! He is awarded the creation of the aerial trick The Haakon Flip. So much is his success that he starred in movies, documentaries and even snowboarding series.
- Tom Sims. This snowboarding and skateboarding athlete has created many of the most important innovations of these sports. These achievements included the first half-pipe snowboarding, the first freestyle snowboarding and even the construction and marketing of the world’s first longboard. In addition, he has been champion of the world of these two sports. He could not miss our list!
- Jake Burton. He is a snowboarder and well-known founder of the company Burton snowboards, the company of snowboards which happen to be the most important in the world. He was passionate about this sport, getting infected with his technique and style, and extending snowboard through the United States and Europe.
- Craig Kelly. This sportsman is another great snowboarder of all time. He was the best in free ride snowboarding and maintained a way of life dedicated to the sport, this has taken him to be a reference today. When snowboarding became a popular sport, Craig won countless awards and starred in the covers of many magazines. His death caused by an avalanche of snow at an early age shocked the entire world.
- Shaun White. He is an athlete who competes professionally in snowboarding and skateboarding and since the age of 7 is sponsored by the Burton brand, with which he has recently signed a 10-year contract. He is the winner of several medals in tournaments, including two gold medals in the Olympic games. All these merits make him the ideal candidate to close our list!
What do you think that is the most influential of all? These athletes deserved to be on our list, but there are many others that have been left out and that could fit perfectly. If you liked this post, from Minimum Boards we encourage you to follow us on social networks!