Balance is a very important and essential coordinating quality in board sports, a quality that is always possible to work with. It is also important to improve it to become the best in these sports.
Strength, speed, resistance… are some of the physical abilities that are always given greater importance when it comes to practicing a sport. However, we also have skills such as flexibility, coordination, agility… we must work equally.
Why is it important to work the balance? When practicing any board sports it is necessary to train and deal with gravity to find our center of balance and be able to stand on a board and be able to make increasingly incredible maneuvers. So, we are going to tell you a series of exercises that will help you to work on this ability to become the best.
Exercises To Improve Balance
These exercises do not necessarily have to be complicated, just the opposite. In fact, you do not even need any material to perform most of them.
- Lean forward with your feet together as much as possible.
- Squat with your feet fully supported.
- Walk with one foot in front of the other, on tiptoe, on your heels or with your knees raised.
- With one foot in front of another, raise the heels as long as possible.
- Try to grab something from the ground with one foot.
- Make turns while giving small jumps.
- Lean on one leg, stretching and raising the other a degree of 90 degrees while stretching your arms forward.
- On a mat, stand with your knees and one hand. In this way, the feet remain elevated and one arm stretched.
- With a cushion on one foot, raise the foot to an angle of 90º, trying to keep the cushion from falling.
- Sitting in a chair, try to get up and sit without the help of your hands.
For more information and ideas on how to improve your balance, we advise you to visit your doctor or even a personal trainer.
We hope that with these exercises your balance will improve and you will notice how you improve while practicing surfing, skateboarding, snowboarding, wakeboarding, bodyboarding, kitesurfing, etc. If you know of any other exercise that can help improve it, tell us about social networks. In this way, you will help more passionate table sports like you.
Minimum Boards wants to encourage you to continue enjoying the board sport that you like and that does not stop you from improving a coordinating quality because it is always possible to improve it. Therefore, we offer you wooden accessories in miniature with the sport that you like so you do not give up. Choose the format that is most practical for you: necklace, bracelet or keychain and improve your tactics and skills!